Children need parents who can offer them love and support throughout their childhood and beyond. If you believe that you can offer one or more children the commitment they require, we would love to hear from you.
We welcome enquiries from people over the age of 21, who are UK residents or domiciled in Britain and hold no criminal convictions against children.
If you live in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough and you are in good health, have energy and patience, understand children’s feelings and can see the world from their perspective, have a sense of fun and have the motivation to persevere through difficult times, contact us to enquire here.
To Adopt a Child, You Can Be:
- Married or in a civil partnership
- A couple in a committed, long-term relationship
- Heterosexual, lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender
- From any ethnicity and religion
- Someone who doesn’t have children or who is a parent already
- A homeowner or living in rented accommodation
- Employed or receiving benefits
- People who may have a disability
Is Adoption Right For Me?
We place the needs of the children first when finding families for them. We prioritise the assessment of adoptive families according to the needs of the children waiting for adoption.
We recommend that you do as much preparation as possible, to find out if adoption is right for you, there are a lot of helpful information and advice that you can also look at. Visit our Useful Links page for more information including First4Adoption (a national information website with lots of helpful information and advice, including an interactive step-by-step guide about the adoption process). Their helpful advisors are also on hand to answer your initial questions.